Pokemon: Intelligent Fools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate Pokemon Role-Play

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Club house

Go down 
+3
RedRider333
Tokala
Junalukari
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

Location : Back in my day, we didn't need a name for Kanto, it was the whole world

Club house - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah, mad scientist could be funny, especially if he tries to force an immunity into genetics by subjecting tons and tons of innocent pokemon to the pokerabies >>

Also, I like the idea of the legendaries themselves coming out. I know someone earlier mentioned that they should be susceptible to the Pokerabies, but if you think about it, there's no way anything is going to transfer it to them...

Also, if Lance does get back to the lab and start analyzing stuff, please PM me, as I have some information to give you Wink
Back to top Go down
https://intelligentfools.forumotion.com
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Yeah Lance was really wanting to find that immune Pokemon by subjecting tons of innocent little Pokemon to Pokerabies but Raikou was like "lolno". I have a feeling he's going to get impatient and do it anyway though. I kinda want him to die eventually too. Guess that'd mean I have to make a new character then huh. ._.

Okay! Good to know. =3
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Nidoran male is pink as well. I think it's an Asian thing. We've got pictures of my little brother in a pink hanbok when he was a kid. ^_^

I imagined it as the legendaries want Mew to keep her body hidden at all times, precisely because she is a Pokemon mother-goddess. She holds the DNA of all Pokemon. Tell me Lance himself wouldn't like to run a few tests on her. XD These are special circumstances, however, and while she still has to keep her body hidden, she can wander as she will through Charlie.

I agree that if the legendary has access to his host's thoughts, that should include the whole brainpan. If he can force his host to act against his will, it is very limited. For example, Mew could Jedi-mind-trick Charlie into bending a law, but not breaking it. Moltres could convince Kitty to touch a bird, but not let it sit on her arm.

The idea of Lance going mad scientist amuses me.
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm

I don't think its too complicated, I just think it makes sense. It helps put a cap on the telepathy that's for sure. Instant communication is cheap. And I don't think It cheapens the character ._. I don't think any of us want the legendaries to use them as just a mouth piece. bu it simplifies things actually in my mind. Instant telepathy just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I think having to have the legendary itself or their bonded in range to another legendary or their bonded to communicate makes for some great plot opportunity. Misunderstanding and inabilities to reach each other would b good drama. Communication and conflict of interest is whats going to be driving this. If a misscomunication could be fixed instantly we are going to be robbing ourselves of some good times. Also non psychic pokemon having nearly unlimited telepathy bothers me. having some to communicate with humans makes sense just cause they're legendary but I dunno. It sits bad with me.

I know moltress is a moderate. shoot the infected find a cure. moltres isn't sure what he is doing and just picked a vet with an attitude he liked. I can see her and bea work well in the feild together strangely. we do need to decide our legendary agendas. With out mumble we are lacking a radical eradicator type.

Hey Jake did we ever decide a few thing about the pokerabies? ._. We bounced ideas but we said we would sleep on it and we never got back to it.

Edit: what Jen says sounds reasonable. My cap on the jedi mind tricks is that he just makes his thoughts seem like hers for a moment or two then she talks herself along after that.

Last edited by Junalukari on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

Location : Back in my day, we didn't need a name for Kanto, it was the whole world

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:43 pm

I still want Mew to come out and do the full possession, come to think of it, it's the safest place for her body to be... hidden in someone else >>

That and I really do want to see the legendaries out of their little holes in the ground <<

See, Juna, the miscommunication can still happen, look at the internet.

I really do feel it will cheapen the humans and put this too central on the legendaries, who we don't even have character sheets for.

As for what we've decided, I'd forgotten we were sleeping on it. Let's IM about that soon.
Back to top Go down
GaleCross

GaleCross

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Suicune wants Bearix to fix the pokerabies. Makes sense, he is a purifier. She's all, sounds good to me, you creepy beast from my darkest imagination. Just nix the hurricane.

lol, limited telepathy is cool. Range- host. The hosts probably need to be aware of eachother for the legendaries to speak. Kind of like their conciously noticing the other host opening up the telepathic channels for the legendaries.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:50 pm

The only thing I'm gonna say on this is that when it comes to cheapening the humans I feel like it depends a lot on how the player plays, more so than it does on the circumstances they're playing in.

Yeah, and there's Kirby too. Maybe it is. Those Japanese sure do have a strange sense of humor. And I was talking to my brother about that yesterday. xD "Do you ever think they made a mistake with the Nidoran genders?"

And yes Lance would like to run many tests on her. He's just so choked up in anxiety at the moment that it hasn't occurred to him. But Mew better keep his distance from him after a bit. >.>

Ahahaha, I can totally see Lance turning into the 'villain' and being the source of all this drama.

"MY BONDED WENT PSYCHO ENTEI HELP"
"What? You're breaking up on me Raikou."
"HEEEEEEEELP"
"What? What? Dangit Raikou I keep telling you: get Verizon! AT&T sucks! I mean come on man! 'Can you hear me now?' Well obviously not!"
(Ahhh, bad jokes. I'll never be out of them. =3)
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 pm

having the legendaries posses people will put more of a focus on the legendaires than anything else ._. (not that it doesn't sound fun)

I don't think it will cheapen character. I think having large scale universal telepathy will cheapen our world and our plot though. how do you suggest we go about it? you haven't made any suggestions yet. I wanna know what your thinkin' XP

I like josh's idea. Like they have to stare awkwardly at each other in order for it to work. That would make it more of a bonded with human ability rather than an ability innate to the legendary and that sits with me better as well. I think we can make this work so everyone is happy if we keep up the discussion :3

Last edited by Junalukari on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:56 pm

But then Jen and I have to edit super majorly. Like to the point of rearranging circumstances. Unless you mean they can still sense just not talk? >.>
Back to top Go down
GaleCross

GaleCross

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Well a legendary could still be aware of another host being around. Just unable to talk with other legendary unless both characters were looking at the other. I can see Moltress telling Kitty to stay focused on the other person and Kitty complainign about having only one eye. He-heh...
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Maybe we could just grandfather Claus it once we make a decision. I don't want to derail the flow of the rp over it. Once we decide we'll stick to it. Right now everything is up in the air and feel like making you edit 9no mater what we chose) would be two steps back one step forward.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Well I misunderstood that. If we go with Gale's suggestion, I guess we could just pass that off as when Lance and Charlie were staring at each other they made that eye contact and then we don't have to actually edit. It would also conveniently explain my delay in Raikou speaking to Mew. =3
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Sabriel wrote:
Yeah, and there's Kirby too. Maybe it is. Those Japanese sure do have a strange sense of humor. And I was talking to my brother about that yesterday. xD "Do you ever think they made a mistake with the Nidoran genders?"

No, I mean culturally. I don't think they associate pink with girls and blue with boys like we do.

Sabriel wrote:
Well I misunderstood that. If we go with Gale's suggestion, I guess we could just pass that off as when Lance and Charlie were staring at each other they made that eye contact and then we don't have to actually edit. It would also conveniently explain my delay in Raikou speaking to Mew. =3

I'm cool with that. ^_^ Thanks, Josh.

So re: legendary motives. Mew made a very poor choice. She just wants to cure the Pokerabies and she doesn't have a plan, so when her "brothers" told her to get serious, she just picked someone who she thought was smart and serious enough to make a plan, seemingly at random. The thing here is that Charlie will not hesitate to kill a rabid Pokemon, where Mew takes a more (merciful? naive?) approach, otherwise known as Operation "Don't Kill It!"
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure color association is a European thing because we have a stronger sense of right and wrong for each gender than modern Japanese culture (I say modern because I think they used to be really sexist, though that might be - and still is - China).

Yay for Charlie shenanigans! Charlie and Lance should totally run around as plot antagonists and kill lots of Pokemon dead while Mew cries and Raikou bangs his head on a wall because apparently self-harm is productive. =3
Back to top Go down
GaleCross

GaleCross

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Did we actually decide on the doing the telepathy thing? We just as easily not do it. In retrospect it is a little confusing that the legendaries can telepathically talk at all unless they already had that ability.

If we did it there would be a lot more of the legendaries telling the characters what to do. They would be actively involved in almost every post. And by limiting the way they can talk to eachother via awkward staring by the characters can make for some great tension.

By not doing this at all it would be more the character trying to figure out how to do everything on their own with minimal guidance from the legendaries. Depending on what characters did would eventually determine how the legendary came out- to stop their chosen, protect him or her, or to help out in some small 'hey look over there!' kinda way.

The first puts more emphasis on the legendaries and their involvement in the actions of the characters. Doing this would definitely mean you should know as much as possible about your legendary. Yay, bulbapedia and other sites of amazing. XD The later option puts considerably less emphasis on the legendaries and requires more from the characters. They need to actively figure out what to do based on their own knowledge and abilites.

Either option can eventually lead to the legendaries showing themselves. It really depends on how we do it. While I really like the idea of the legendaries using the character as telepathic links I'm kind of leaning toward the latter option of them not being able to talk to their characters unless they naturally posess the ability to do so, like Mew does. I remember reading that the three beasts posess the ability to telepathically speak to eachother, though not to others. Whether they can talk to Oh-ho is beyond me. Ho-oh? Hrmm...
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Ho-oh, not oh-ho. XD Oh-ho sounds like something you'd yell to the girl in a black dress on the street corner.

The "you can't unless you already possess the ability" can lead to many one-sided conversations. I think they can all talk to each other if they do that awkward eye-contact thing. But maybe they can't always control it? Maybe they only get vague concepts and emotions, or pictures instead of words. I dunno, there has to be more options than just those two.

So I was wondering how Mew would use Charlie to hide her body, but then I realized - Bulbapedia keeps saying that Mew looks like a fetus. Where do fetuses go?

Of course, she'd have to shrink her body down to get it in there without damaging Charlie. I probably won't go with this concept - it's too bizarre and horrifying. XDDDD
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:44 pm

I think Jake already has an idea. We should probably wait for him to tell us what it is before we keep storymapping. ._.
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:11 pm

I keep trying to get my idea to y'all, but for some reason I don't seem to be getting it across. I'll get a cbox back into the site, and then maybe we can talk about it in real time and I'll stop getting steamrolled. I apologize for taking so long, but as I mentioned to Gale, I'm kinda frustrated and trying not to say or do anything rash.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:50 pm

You're more telling us what you don't want than what you do want. That's probably why you think you're getting steamrolled (though I don't see that; I know how real it seems though because I have social anxiety attacks over nothing quite often). The only thing I've seen you outright say that you want to happen is that you want the legendaries to come out. You tell us what you don't want to do ('radio tower', cheapen the character, etc), but you don't offer us anything else to work with. I'm getting kinda frustrated too because you just keep telling everybody else no and then you don't give us an alternative. I've been trying not to say anything, but now you're getting mad at us over bad communication. So tell us what you had in mind, and then we can all be happy. DX
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:26 pm

I've given what I think are the most reasonable options multiple times. The fact that the legendaries can communicate in some form through the bond is a given, that should even be in some of the intro pages material. What is being discussed, to the best of my knowledge, is how much telepathy the legendaries can have with each other.

Option 1: None/Super Limited. They can only talk to each other when they are physically present. This was my initial stance on the issue, until people seemed to think that would be too difficult.

Option 2: Full. They can talk to the other legendaries directly. This is what my stance switched to when I was informed that people wanted them to be able to communicate non-face-to-face.

Option 3: Radio Towers. This has been discussed, and if anyone is still confused about why I do not favor it, I ask that you talk to me in a 1-on-1 real-time discussion.

So I can see how you might have been confused that I "haven't been offering alternatives," but in fact there are 2 alternatives which I have specifically mentioned. Yes this is getting frustrating, and I'm sorry that it's happening and frustrating others too. But now that I've been specifically called out, and specifically given a response, I hope I've cleared up your end of things.

EDIT: As you can see, I categorize things, and I organize them into nice neat piles. The fact that some of these issues are being ignored (see above) is why I'm feeling steamrolled, and because people are throwing around justifications for issue 1 while talking about issue 2. The more clear and precise everyone is during the rest of this discourse, the better.

Last edited by Tokala on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Okay. Well I like option three, but since that's ruled out I think my time in this conversation had come to an end. Have fun guys. xP
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:30 pm

I still haven't seen a reason that people do favor option 3 that isn't as easily addressed by using options 1 or 2. Perhaps if you can explain this to me (again, in a 1-on-1 real time discourse so as to eliminate the confusion that keeps popping up), I will understand better.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 pm

It's not really that important to me. I'm willing to roll with whatever. I'm flexible. I'm sure it's not going to make the RP any less fun any way it goes, and I'm just here to have fun, stalk Juna whose babies I will steal one day, and maybe prove myself as capable of literate RPing while I'm at it. I feel like because it's not as important to me as it seems to be to everyone else, I should keep me and my lighthearted attitude out of it and let the people who it really matters to decide. xD

(Sorry for the slow reply btw. E-mail jacked up.)
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm going to share my nice neat piles as well. and by sharing my piles perhaps we can gain better understanding. This is my catalog of all the options that have been put on the table by everyone. I'm just sharing not saying these are the only answers.

!. full telepathy: legendaries can talk to each other where ever when ever horray.

2.) radio towers- for me this is very similar to three. so this is where there could be some misunderstanding going on. I came up with this concept to explain how a legendary could talk to another legendary when their bonded where near each other and eliminated full telepathy. Josh thought up a better limiting factor and it turned into option 3

3.) limited: specifically gale's eye contact thing

4.) no inter legendary telepathy legendaries can only communicate to their bonded in what ever way they do and just say they need to face to face chat with other legendaries and beings.

I'm cool with anything as long as its not full on omg super duper telepathy go. I think our answer might have to be something we haven't thought up yet. I'm a big fan of josh's idea but I'm not sure if you're consider josh's apart of radio towers, Jake? This isnt really that big a deal, so lets not get any body worked up over this, I thought we were just having a nice discussion *hands out herbal tea like in sally's spa so everyone's hearts go up* I thought everything was coolio, didn't know you felt steam rolled.

Maybe you an I should im/pml powow and avoid drama and come back with an official announcement or something.
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:05 pm

If we're counting votes, I'm all for Josh's eye-contact thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club house
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon: Intelligent Fools :: Pokemon Center :: The Lounge-
Jump to: