Pokemon: Intelligent Fools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate Pokemon Role-Play

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Club house

Go down 
+3
RedRider333
Tokala
Junalukari
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

Location : Back in my day, we didn't need a name for Kanto, it was the whole world

Club house - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 am

Yeah, that post just majorly confused me. As far as how I was doing it, the legendaries have physical bodies, the links were just ways for them to get involved with the human side of things, since Pokemagic alone wasn't going to be enough to fix the problem. They should (in my mind) be able to talk to each other telepathically just as easy as to the ones they're bonded with.

Did I miss any of the big points? Probably because it's late and my chest hurts >> Yeah, that's my excuse.
Back to top Go down
https://intelligentfools.forumotion.com
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:00 am

Don't worry, e-mail has messed up on me a lot before too. o_o

I figured they could. I just made Raikou delay it so I could humiliate Lance. =3

And as for bodies, I figured yes, but Raikou didn't want to show himself so no pesky trainers would throw Pokeballs at him. That has to get annoying you know.
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

Location : Back in my day, we didn't need a name for Kanto, it was the whole world

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:02 am

I'm sure it does for all the ones that don't just fly above all the trainers Wink

I jest, I jest.

No seriously, so far I think all the legendaries except for Mew are sadistic >>
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:05 am

maybe being bonded is like proto having a second body so they sense each other that way and they have to project the telepathy not as far? *bullshits logical answer out ass*
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 am

It reflects the nature of the players. owo

Anyway, I figure they're pretty much like 'run around with magical powers freak out their humans talk to each other' etc. I kind of have this weird viewpoint on it though... Like Raikou is astrally projecting into Lance's head and sort of uses Lance as an unwilling mannequin. Like a backseat driver or the character in a video game that you control (though it's kind of vocal about its protests)... Hard to explain when I'm sleepy. And meanwhile he's tucked in a cave somewhere without full use of his body, tranced or sleeping.

Edited some. God I used so many words wrong. And there are probably still some wrong ones in there. That's what happens when I try to convey my ideas while sleepy. ._.
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 am

That comes across as a pretty sound idea to me actually. Moltres is just lurking in Kitties head and doing jedi mind tricks. But I also see him tucked in a cave. Maybe their telepathy isn't omni potent. Like either their bonded or they physically have to be within a certain (granted large) range to work? So each body, their or bonded is like a little radio receiver/broadcaster? And sometimes they can go out of range? but does that mean the bonded can go out of range or does the bonding give them specail wirless abilities? XDD

I didn't find fault with what was going on your posts I just think we need to be on the same page about it *rolls*
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:46 am

I dunno about all that. The whole possession thing in particular I was under the impression that Mew was the only legendary doing that, where the rest of them couldn't actually take control, they could just influence their humans.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:47 am

Well Raikou isn't so much controlling Lance as bossing him around, and Lance is too much of a coward to say no...and Raikou knows that.

When I say a video game character I don\'t mean a real video game character... I mean something more like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKkG_bJXr2w

Last edited by Sabriel on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 am

I also doubt that they'd have a specific range for talking to each other, or to the ones they're bonded to, but to establish the bond some kind of contact would be necessary etc.

As for the bossing around, that's fine (and similar to what Articuno is going to do), but you'd described it as controlling a video game character, which to me is very different, so I think that's where I got confused.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:51 am

*points up* Sorry, I'm tired. I edited to clarify a little better...
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I assume they're keeping their physical bodies somewhere safe, far away from rabies, yes. I imagine that they can catch rabies just as easily as any other Pokemon. If there is a "range" past which they can't communicate with each other, it has to be huge. Like, the better part of Kanto.

Also, the notion of you non-Psychic-type legendaries physically possessing the body seems a bit out-of-place to me. Dunno why.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't think anybody actually put forth that notion. I think it was misinterpreted from my unclear, sleepy babblings. ._.
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Keeping the bodies hidden away would be something some of them might do, some of them might not. Let's not forget that these are each individual legendaries.

Really the basics I think we tried to establish was that the legendary would be bonded in some way to the human, which would probably provide benefits to the human, and some to the legendary. That's all that's fully established, though we all seem to be going with some kind of psychic communication, which is fine through Pokemagic.

I guess what I'm saying is let's be consistent with things that are meant to be consistent, and let's allow creativity everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:30 pm

BTW, when Raikou says "Little Brother," is he referring to Mew? I have Mew down as a she. And I'm also running under the assumption that not all of the legendaries want to keep Mew out of this, or else she wouldn't have come. Maybe it's just Raikou?
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Well, Raikou can probably only speak for himself. Or at least the player should only speak for Raikou to avoid pigeonholing any new blood we get into certain roles in the remaining legendaries.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Hmm, I've always thought of Mew as a boy. I think the cartoon/side games referred to Mew as a boy which broke my world at first because Mew is PINK. Then I came to terms with it.

I thought Mew said something about 'my older brothers wanted me to stay hidden' or something, which is why I was even doing that in the first place. Before that I was under the impression the legendaries would like Mew getting involved because from what I've gathered in the games/side games/anime is that Mew is like the god of all Pokemon. I'm sorry. I'm easily confused. I'll drop it.
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Well it sounds like general legendarie telepathy it is then? Not sure How I feel about the legendaries being able to talk to eachother whenever, it just strikes me as childish now that I've thought on it. They are telepathic yes, but unlimited. I think I would enjoy it if they had a range (10-20 miles) from their body, unlimited range with thier bonded and then a ten-twenty mile range around their bonded. Maybe that too complicated but If I was supreme ruler of the pokeverse I think that's the jist of how I'd make it. whatcha y'all think? that makes the bonded convenient communication devices as well as what ever else is required of them.

Were is every one getting this possession thing from? I like the jedi mind tricks moltress can pull on kitty. Other than that I was wondering if the bonded could channel their power under extreme duress or something? Its a lame concept but I'm sorta fond of making lame things awesome if its possible..
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 pm

^Agreed.

I kind of think of it as, when they're riding around in their bonded's head, it's pretty much their new vantage point. Like they see what Bonded sees, hear what Bonded hears, know what Bonded thinks, and can work all their mind powers from Bonded's head (which I guess is pretty much just telepathy and sensing each other at this point), so all the ranges and stuff would be the same, just from a different location. That's what I meant by a video game character I guess. Still convoluted? Yeah I know.

Oh, I've also gotten the gist that they can sense if another one of them is nearby, like twenty-thirty feet or something.

...On a random note, I wonder what it'd be like to actually hear a Rattata's thoughts?
(Raikou: I have a feeling it wouldn't be that much different from Lance's. So much squeaking. :/)
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:50 pm

well if we go the route I have in mind it leaves room for how close the legendary is to the bonded. how close they are to the bonded could have a major impact on what the bond is capable of doing? for example I think Moltres keeps kitty at a great distance and will take some time to 'warm up' so to speak and there bond probably isn't capable of any spectacular pokemagics. Where as some of the other have been more upfront and frank with their bonded. I dunno just bouncing juna ideas around.
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm actually really not a fan of using the bonded humans as radio towers. It makes things far too complicated, and devalues the humans themselves as characters, as they just become mouths and radio towers for their legendaries.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Then what do the legendaries do? ._.

And for that matter, what do the characters do? I mean I just now realized - what do the characters do?
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Get out of their little hidy-holes? Gently influence (except when needed to give a great big push, as it seems most of our characters need that >>) the characters, and steer them towards whichever method of dealing with things that the particular legendary favors. In fact, how many of us have even decided which route our legendaries are going for?

As for the characters, that will depend on if they listen to the influence of the legendary, or if they have their own ways of dealing with it. Ideally the Legendary should have chosen someone that would help with their particular version of the solution.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Well Raikou is hoping Lance can find a Pokemon with a genetic mutation that makes it immune to Pokerabies and then find a way to gene therapy that gene into a virus, then into a vaccine, and then herd vaccinate.
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:02 pm

So sounds like Raikou wants Lance back in the lab, maybe doing something like that... It may seem a little boring, but that's what we're here for, to add the spice Wink
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Well first there's the process of finding that immune Pokemon. Though I wonder if Ditto would do it because Ditto can control it's DNA.

(Lance: Or Mew... Mew would work too... *evil chuckle*
Raikou: No.)

I kind of want Lance to go mad scientist for a while and Raikou be all like "CRAP CRAP CRAP" though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club house   Club house - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club house
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon: Intelligent Fools :: Pokemon Center :: The Lounge-
Jump to: