Pokemon: Intelligent Fools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate Pokemon Role-Play

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kanto Main Plot

Go down 
+2
GrumbleMumble
Junalukari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Kitty's Crew:
Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg135Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg128Kanto Main Plot Pkrs162
Rabbit♂~ Thunderun ♂~ Natu♂

Virigl's Team:
Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg059Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg104Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg109Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg132Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg092Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg108
Paprika♀ . ~ Thumper♂ ~ Ciggy♂ ~ Kyle ♂~ bones♀ . ~ Frenchy♀ .

Kitty sprawled on the picnic blanket and twiddled with the radio dial. Her red hair was down and messy. Her eye patch was off and the ragged scar and empty socket were in full view. Virgil certainly didn't care and if he did she'd think significantly less of him. Having having him around was fun so far. He hadn't made a signal cyclops joke in person. Their friendship had blossomed over the last four years into something closer to a real friendship than relationship they had when they were both younger and stupider. Through the power of texts and picture messages. But being technological pen pals hadn't seemed to change their face to face dynamic much. Once fuck buddies, always fuck buddies it seemed.

“I think it's too stupid to cook,” Virgil said.

“Just be patient,” She said. Kitty didn't even look up from the radio as he complained. She tuned in a good station and put it down. The Natu on her head warbled indignantly as she turned to face Virgil and ruined his view of the sun. The tiny green lump of a bird was ever so fond of staring at the sun, or vacant space.

Virgil crouched near the small fire where the unfortunate magikarp was roasting. He took a drag off his cigaret and flipped the fish pokemon over for the eightieth time. A lot of people in this day and age were vegetarians but there were some pokemon that were dumb and tasty enough to eat. She watched him struggle with the skewered magikarp. It would never cook if he kept flipping it. He was still shirtless and liable to burn himself and have something more to complain about.

Human's had adapted to a pokemon centric world and had for the most part found a balance between their high level of technology of preserving the natural world. There were few paved roads, populations had been dispersed over great distances and pollution was low. There hadn't been a war in living memory and guns had been banned. The world was still a dangerous place and being burnt to death by a charizard was worse than getting shot nine times out of ten.

“If you keep flipping it then it will never cook,” Kitty said. Her Natu chirped in agreement.

“Hey, Miss housewife, I want to see you get in the kitchen if you think you know what's what. You know who caught that magikarp, I did. You know who beat against a rock till it died for your pleasure, I did. Don't tell me how to cook. I got this shit covered. Men know how to cook things with fire.”

She rolled her eyes and laughed

“No really we do. It's instinct.”

The soft rock on the radio was suddenly interrupted by the obnoxious emergency broadcast noise. The automated voice droned that this was indeed not a test. The broadcasts had been going off rather frequently since Kanto had shut down it's borders and officially started quarantining infected domestic pokemon. She had been on field duty at the safari zone for several month looking for mundane injuries and illness in the preserve pokemon but since the announcement her and the rest of the staff had been on watch for the pokerabies too. The voice continued to drone on about the symptoms and procedures involved. The safari zone had been free of infection so far and she help but naively hope it would all blow over. She had other things to distract her from the possible dissemination of the safari zone.

“This is such bullshit. Pisses me off. Do we have to get scanned again when we go back to town?” he said taking another drag and staring angrily at the fish he wanted so badly to eat. Virgil seemed to fail to the situation seriously, whereas kitty hoped it would go away if she ignored it.

“Yeah we do. Don't whine. I don't fuck whiners.” she said. He snorted in response.

Her walkie talkie squawked to life and a voice called her name through the static. She scrambled to find it. She was still technically on the job. “Kitty here, what do you need?”

“Ay there Kitty we think we found the surveillance for your UFP, looks like a fearow to me. Can't see much of it- you there?” The older man said.

“You're sure?”

“yup, from this far away it looks just like a big one,” he confirmed

“Thanks, Bill.”

“No problem, you be careful out there.”

“Okay, I will, thanks.” She said and threw the walkie talkie hard on the blanket.

“Did you pee your pants cause of a ferow again?” Virgil asked.

“It wasn't a fearow. fearows don't spontaneously combust,” she said. Her voice pitched a little bit and she motioned with her hands. Ever since the strange bird had corner her out on the farthest end of zone four she'd been trying to convince people it wasn't a god damn fearow. Her fear of bird pokemon had made itself apparent to most of her coworkers. She wouldn't go anywhere near a pidgey or a spearow never mind their larger evolutions. The thing had come out of the sky, corner her against a tree and pecked her on the head. Needless to say she had been a slobbering teary mess afterwords.

“you don't have to be defensive. I'd be afraid of them too. You got scared and your imagination got cared away. No shame in that. But there ain't fire and bird type pokemon. Just doesn't happen. I haven't seen it and I've been more places than you.”

Kitty huffed and glared at him with her good eye. She was all out of pp for cyclops esc laser beam, so he lived. For now.

“Anyway! Maikarp's done!” He took the now half burnt fish off the fire.
Back to top Go down
GrumbleMumble

GrumbleMumble

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:48 am

Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg024 Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg094Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg134Kanto Main Plot 156

Stan sat up, stretched and lit the cigar still held between his teeth. The room he was renting in Lavender Town had a no smoking policy, strictly speaking, but Stan had never enjoyed speaking strictly. Scratching his unshaven chin he swung his legs over the edge of the rumpled bed and shuffled his feet into the pair of threadbare carpet slippers. He fumbled his glasses from the beside table, palming the snooze button on his blaring alarm clock as he did, and then jammed the thick-rimmed spectacles onto his nose. "Ugh," he said, puffing clouds of thick brown smoke. "Shit. Robbie: scotch."

A pair of reddish-yellow eyes snapped open in the shadows above the bookcase on the south wall. A broad grin followed a moment later, splitting the darkness cleanly. "Gengar."

"Scotch," said Stan, standing up with a grunt of effort and shoving his hands against the small of his aching back. Something cracked and the ex-lawyer sighed with relief, running his fingers through his wild grey hair. Something purple and oddly cherubic dropped from the bookcase and skipped across the room. It hopped up onto the cheap plastic writing desk where a selection of bottles in various states of emptiness were clustered untidily beside a heap of creased and battered papers, a handful of legal books and a charcoal-grey pinstripe suit hung up on the door next to a pair of Pokeballs.

With practiced skill the spiny purple Pokemon selected a short-necked amber bottle and poured a measure of strong-smelling liquor into one of the cleaner glasses left out for just that purpose. "Gengar," it declared proudly, clutching the bottle close and turning back to Stan with a horrible grin.

"Yes," said Stan, taking the glass and downing it without removing his cigar from its place in the corner of his mouth. He sucked liquor from his bushy grey moustache and then wiped his chin on the sleeve of his silk pajamas. "You're very talented. Shit." He tossed the glass back to his trusty assistant and sprinted to the bathroom, a racking cough working its way up from his suddenly clenched and burning stomach. Bent over the sink, he brought up a clam-sized spatter of yellowish phlegm and then coughed himself hoarse as his Vaporeon, Lamia, twined impatiently around his legs. "Hang on, princess," he rasped, knuckles white on the edges of the sink. "I've got ancho...anchovies, in my bag." He hacked, spat and stayed at the sink for a long moment more as the tremors in his arms and neck faded slowly.

"Va...va...vaporeon," mewled Lamia, rubbing her blunt, scaly head against Stan's leg.

Stan straightened up, relit his smoldering cigar and shuffled back into his room. His battered legal briefcase was on a chair by the north-facing window, the only one in the room. The day outside was overcast and stormy, a lousy day to move on. He could risk another night of dodging the proprietor's subtle insinuations that he was falling behind with his payments. Rifling through the contents of the briefcase, he produced a battered tin of sardines and, peeling off the top, tossed it to Lamia. The Vaporeon dug her snout into the tin and began devouring the pungent fish, watched intently by a squinting and sour-faced Robert.

Stan took off his pajamas, brushed his teeth, showered, and then shaved badly and put on his suit. It was the only suit he owned. As he was straightening his tie, he caught sight of something unsettling in the mirror beside his door. A huge winged shape was diving down toward his hotel window, trailing long streamers of lightning from its vast wings. Stan stared incredulously at its reflection, hands still tangled in the knot of his striped tie. "Shit," he said.

Last edited by GrumbleMumble on Tue May 18, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:00 am

Roaming somewhere in the lab:
Kanto Main Plot Spr_3r_196 Kanto Main Plot Alakazam Kanto Main Plot LinooneKanto Main Plot Swellow Kanto Main Plot Shuppet
Lark, M -- Nelson, M -- Roger, M -- Scarlet, F -- Chrissy, F

Finally the day had arrived! Lance passed through the sliding glass doors with an even haughtier air than usual, and in place of his usual, condescending grimace was an equally condescending smirk. Another three-day period, another batch of Magikarp eggs to hatch! He was confident this would be the day of success - more so than usual – and that today would be the final day of this weary project. He had run into obstacle after obstacle in the six months he’d been working on the commission, and the company that had employed the lab (which in turn assigned him) to pursue this research was growing antsy and impatient. They didn’t understand that scientists were not magicians! (It always felt so good to call himself a scientist.) Oh well. They could just sit tight and wait. After all he was the great and mighty Lance Brewer, the best of the best! They could sit patiently and let him do his thing!

He was reminiscent of a child at Christmas as he peeked into the room at the twenty-gallon fish tank he’d carefully placed the Magikarp eggs in three days ago. The little school of tiny, red, fast-growing Magikarp drifting around inside were encouraging. He bounced across the lab lightly with excitement, almost prancing on tiptoe to the tank. The recently graduated young scientist carefully lifted the lid of the tank as though he might shatter his precious creation with the slightest firmness. He set it down carefully and shook just the right amount of food in, prolonging his own anticipation for – well, for fun. He placed the lid back down, nearly giggling with excitement. They were alive this time at least; that was encouraging. Too many times in the early stages of the commission he had come into the lab in the morning to find the dud eggs disintegrating into the water, their DNA having contradicted itself and simply failing to function when it was called upon in gestation. But today they were alive at least!

Now for the moment of truth. He skittered back across the lab to the door where the metal-framed light switch was waiting, sucked in a deep breath, flicked it off, and turned around.

Nothing.

His face fell. He flicked the light on again. Okay, the Magikarp were right there. Maybe it was really faint. That had to be it. If he just kept his eyes on them this time he would see them. He flicked it off again.

Still nothing.

Well if it was really faint maybe he wasn’t close enough to see it. That wasn’t his goal; he needed them to be bright enough to see without being so close, but it would be a start. He felt his way across the lab in the direction of the Magikarp tank, caught his foot on the leg of a table and fell on the sharp corner, wheezed for a moment since the table had thought it cute to jam itself into his diaphragm, then recovered and drew closer to the tank, rubbing his sore abdomen. He reached out where he thought it to be and prodded gently with his free hand. The cold glass was there, but no glow.

Lance let out a cry of anguish, fell to his knees, and let his head drop onto the counter next to the tank with a painful thunk. After a moment he lifted it and ran his fingers back through his starchy hair in the darkness, clenching at the roots in passing and groaning. He’d been so sure!

He had a trilling little mew from the direction of the door, and the light turned on. He did not startle; Lark was deathly afraid of the dark and was quite adept at flipping light switches with his lanky, forked tail. Not too much later he felt a little skull against his stomach and winced as Lark pressed himself to the sore spot. Lance pushed the Espeon away roughly, then rose and gave a heavy breath through his nose.

“Maybe they just need to hit puberty or something,” he muttered to himself. “How infuriating! What am I doing wrong!?”

Another trilling mew came from the little Espeon. Lance glanced at him burningly, begrudging the disturbance to his grieving silence.

“What am I doing wrong, what am I doing wrong!? I hate this! I’ve never had so much trouble in my life!” And indeed he hadn’t. However what Lance did not remember was that many scientists struggled for years – sometimes decades – of their lives with their own endeavors. His yet six-month-long trial was like a children’s book in comparison to their stories and obstacles.

“It’s possible yet they only need to grow,” he reminded himself, pacing. “The enzymes in their bodies may not have kicked in all the way due to their youth. Of course! Patience!” A little lower he added, “I hate patience.” At full volume he continued, “Like a child’s pigment enzymes may be delayed! It is essentially the same! Physical coloration enzymes of the flesh – the same nature exactly! Perhaps I shall come back tomorrow and find my goal met…”

Having soothed himself for the moment, he sulked to a drawer and pulled out a stained journal and a good ol’-fashioned yellow #2 pencil. The researcher flipped open the journal and scratched the pencil over paper, recording the results of his latest experiment so far and only keeping his dampened tones out of it in case some competitor came snooping around and tried to steal his research – at which he liked to fancy he would deliver a swift dropkick to said competitor, but at least they would not think less of him. Not that Lance was much for writing in the first place. English had always been his lowest grade at a crushing average of 95.

Lark wound around his ankle comfortingly, sensing his master’s distress. Lance glanced down at him, paused in writing, then patted the table and went back to the records. He was glad Pokémon did not tend to shed, or he’d certainly have a few healthy nests of colorful fur lying about in the corners of his lab probably dominated by Lark’s lavender. The Espeon leaped nimbly up to the table and lay lengthwise on it, tucking his paws under his chest and watching Lance scribble away. It was one of the few times Lance outwardly showed favoritism to Lark. He did not tend to admit how much he felt bonded to the cat-like Pokémon even to himself, but right now he welcomed the Espeon’s presence.

“Lark!” he barked, opening the drawer from whence the journal and pencil had come and stuffing both back inside. “Fetch me Nelson, and be quick on your tiny little toes about it!” he ordered to the feline, his usual air of haughtiness restoring completely. Lark obeyed, leaping gracefully down from the table and trotting out the door. Once the Espeon had left, Lance was magnetized back to the fish tank with the blank-eyed Magikarp. He leaned on the counter and rested his head on one hand.

“Grow, dangit.”

The school of small Magikarp was mesmerizing. He knew he’d have to thin them out and fill up more tanks to hold them as they aged and increased in size. He planned to begin his day with this task. It would probably take him a good couple hours anyway, so he began before Lark had returned with the name he had beckoned, kneeling and rummaging through the cabinets below where he had stored the tanks he’d scrounged up from storage in advance. One was quite sizeable. The number he forgot, but an aquarium had donated it and it had been a hassle to transport.

He felt Lark approaching with the name he had summoned. Particularly psychic Pokémon had an unnerving habit of alerting one with their presence through their ESP. He hated ESP.

“Nelson! Good! I will need you today!” he announced, withdrawing from the cabinet he had buried his upper body in. “Today will be a busy day. Come!”

The Alakazam stared at him for a moment, and Lance pulled a face, recognizing the look and knowing his mind was being read.

“Stop that,” he finally snapped, shrinking away.

Something like amusement came from the Alakazam, but he obeyed, and he lifted himself without so much as twitching a limb and levitated over. Lance couldn’t help but think Nelson a showoff sometimes.

Thus started another somewhat uncomfortable but packed day of research with his trusty lab partner.
Back to top Go down
GaleCross

GaleCross

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:03 am

Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa376 Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa130 Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa006 Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa082
__(Helios)__~__(Igresh)_~_(Kelvin)__~__(Ohma)

Darkening clouds drifted across the hazy blue sky. A storm was on its way and stretching south. The dampening of the air was a bit heavy on the nostrils. Lovely weather for fish. If Beatrix had planned on riding Igresh to Fuchsia city then he would have been most pleased. However she was not interested in being caught in a storm or arriving there any later than that day.

She stroked the black ribbon around her neck as she stared over her sunglasses at the water. The sea breeze was cool. Water was a great pain though. It was where she met that impossible creature, the one that had sent her on this ridiculous quest in the first place and the cause of all her problems. She crossed her arms and chewed at her lower lip. It really was a pain. Cure the pokerabies? It wasn’t as though she had a lab and resources at her disposal. It didn’t really matter though. She did want to attempt it.

Beatrix pushed the sunglasses up her nose and stroked the single pokeball on her right thigh. With Helios she could reach Fuchsia city in a few hours. Of the quarantined areas that one would be the most promising, what with the safari zone having so many lovely specimens ready and available. Yeah, it was the best option so far. That and she needed the badge from that city anyway. They used poison pokemon or something there. Ohma could probably handle it, and if not her then Kelvin. She sighed and pulled the ball from its chain. Vermilion city was beautiful but she had to bid it farewell. She’d call the inn with her pokegear to have her stuff moved.

Once she pressed the button on the ball it split open and flashed with a pop. The white light zapped over the railing and formed her pokemon, her beloved Metagross Helios. It was a large blue creature, metallic. Red eyes stared at her around the large white X on its face. Its four large limbs were pointed together beneath it as it hovered in front of her. She’d always wondered if being digitally packed into a tiny capsule bothered him but he never looked worse for wear.

“Are you ready for a trip?” she asked it.

It silently hovered.

“You could at least nod.” Helios turned left and then right. Beatrix frowned and said, “Fine, whatever. Let’s get a move on. Hover close so I can climb on your head.”

It obliged and she braced herself on the railing before hoping over onto it. Then she sat and held onto Helios’s X.

“Alright, we’re off to Fuchsia. You remember how to-” Helios spun around and shot away from the docks. The wind whipped her braid and coat around. “Not so fast! Slow it down a bit, you psychopathic metal brain.”

Last edited by GaleCross on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Kitty's Crew:
Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg135Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg128Kanto Main Plot Pkrs162
Rabbit♂~ Thunderun ♂~ Natu♂

Virigl's Team:
Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg059Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg104Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg109Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg132Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg092Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg108
Paprika♀ . ~ Thumper♂ ~ Ciggy♂ ~ Kyle ♂~ bones♀ . ~ Frenchy♀ .

The after noon hadn't been an entirely unproductive, job wise. Sure and Virgil had treated as an elaborate picnic but she done her duty; picked up any wayward trash, check the feeders, look out for injured and god forbid infected pokemon, half her job was obsolete though, The safari zone had shut down to the public that morning. The entry was eerily quiet. There was usually at least one bawling toddler in the lobby of the safari zone, always.

“This here is the system,” bill said. The gray haired man patted the large box on the counter and flipped it open reveal six egg carton like slots for pokeballs. The scanner looked almost identical to the healing units in poke centers.

“Piss, is this really necessary?” Virgil said.

“Yes, Now what did I say about whiners?”

“you don't,” he stopped suddenly and seemed to remember bill was standing there,” Ah, you don't like them.”

“Girls usually don't” the older man said with a wink and tapped the machine again, “loader up, boy.”

Virgil did as he was told and lined his six pokeballs up in the machined and bill closed it and hit a switch. The machine chirped and thrummed and Virgil chewed his cigaret like a nervous baby. It let of one final series of beeps and flashed green.

“That's good right. Like that's not bad, right?” He sputtered almost immediately. Kitty was looking at the ceiling pretending she didn't know him.

“Yep, green means good, that's what the nice officer lady said anyway,” he unlatched the machine and helped him unload it. Kitty made significantly less fuss as she loaded up all three of hers. She had been dealing with the system for a couple days now and the short moment of anxiety that came with the short delay between loading and result were less palpable to her. The machine chirped and lit up green.

“All clear, you two have fun,” Bill winked at them and turned to waddle back to his security room filled with screens.

“I wish I had your job. Is it always this easy?” Virgil asked as they left the lobby and headed into the zoo.

“No, Sometimes I actually work.”

“doubt that.”

They walked through the crowds at the zoo. The turn out was still good for bicycle road being closed and pokerabies on the loose. But then a day at the zoo viewing safe non infected pokemon was a good escape from the news during stressful times. quiet until virgil got distracted by the lapras exhibit. He pressed his face, cigarette and all against the glass.

“Don't your mom have one of these? They're so damnably pretty, look how it can just spin through the water like that, like, like, Oh I dunno some sort of leaf on the wind.”

“You're just so poetic sometimes,” she said with a note of facetiousness and shook her head. Virgil's well Virgilness was hard to handle sometimes. She just didn't know what to do with him.

“I try. Girls like that sort of thing,” he said with out missing a beat.

“They live in pods; these big family groups out to sea. They're not as rare as we once thought. They're making a good come back,” She was a walking pokedex when it came t safari zone pokemon. The zoo was old hat for her and virigil's immaturity was wearing on her now that he wasn't half naked. She kinda wanted to go home and have a beer. The fun parts of the day with Virgil had been fun, but having him around and trying to work had been impossible. She hadn't been that productive. Thinking about this instilled bit of annoyance in her.

“I noticed, I've seen a couple trainers with them. Weird, “ he said still staring through the glass.

Why don't you give him a tour instead and cool your heels till she shows up, you think he's cute and stuff...just do what you humans do... the thought, though in second person and not at all like her swam around her head in such a natural fashion that it did not strike her as odd. A tour might be fun. Maybe she was being a spoil sport. She'd been working at this zoo and others off and on for a while. He probably hadn't been here since he was a kid.

Kitty snaked her hand into his and he looked down a little surprised. Real affection hadn't been apart of their routine yet. This was a little girlfreindy coming from the girl that called him an insufferable idiot constantly since they had met.

“Are we playing couples again?” He looked down at her from the lapras on display.

“why not?” She said not having a better answer. He drove her nuts but he was somehow endearing. And most importantly he was cute. It wasn't like they didn't get along either.

“Okay just asking,” it was fine by him.

“It's take your favorite idiot to work day. That comes with a free tour,” she chirped having thought of a witty answer only a moment late.

“Oh goody.” he said sarcastically the added, “I haven't been here since I was fifteen.” Kitty had certainly cheered up, he was worried he had pissed her off for a minute there. He grinned as she pulled him away from the lapras and to the kangaskan.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Roaming somewhere in the lab:
Kanto Main Plot Spr_3r_196 Kanto Main Plot Alakazam Kanto Main Plot LinooneKanto Main Plot Swellow Kanto Main Plot Shuppet
Lark, M -- Nelson, M -- Roger, M -- Scarlet, F -- Chrissy, F

Lance watched the full fish tank levitating from the sink to the counter. His face slowly twisted in apprehensiveness. If Nelson dropped it he might cry. But he knew that Nelson moving it was probably the best idea. He certainly couldn’t budge the thing. He’d tried.

“Left. Left. Not that left – okay, left more – like two inches seriously Nelson! There.”

He gave a sigh of relief as the tank lowered itself safely onto the counter and then made his way to the much smaller tank of baby Magikarp. The young scientist furrowed his brows when he looked down at them, wondering if they had grown since that morning – which seemed a little bigger than they’d been from that morning.

He already had an idea for how many Magikarp per tank he wanted. The tanks were different sizes, and most would hold only one or two of the large fish Pokémon. The fact that they would grow to be nearly three feet in length each made for quite a hassle keeping about twenty of them in one lab. They wouldn’t lead very fulfilling lives; they would be a little crammed, but he couldn’t easily help that, and he didn’t care enough to. Such was the fate of lab-bred Pokémon.

Lance picked up the little fish net next to the tank, removed the lid, and scooped up the first Magikarp. Its signature flop was more powerful than it looked and bounced the flimsy net, straining the handle. Lance kept it at arm’s length and grimaced as he carried it down to the farthest tank and then put the net under the surface and allowed the Pokémon to wriggle out into its new home.

The freshly graduated scientist turned and returned to the first tank with the net. However, just as he lowered it to catch another Magikarp, there was a flash and a shattering, rushing eruption of water and glass. By some miraculous reflex he ducked beneath the counter with his hands over his head, but water – and Magikarp! – dumped on him from above.

“WHAT THE HELL!? NELSON! NELSON!” He was on his knees and disregarding the sanity that had kept him from even coming within a foot of the fish Pokémon earlier. In sharp contrast he was scooping them up with his bare hands and holding them to his chest as he picked up the next. “SAVE THE ‘KARP! SAVE THE ‘KARP!”

He was in a mad scramble to save his precious project, but he was already wondering just how he was going to clean up an exploded fish tank. That was a lot of water – and a lot of glass.

He dumped an armful of Magikarp in different tanks, more than glad he had already prepared them. Nelson with his telekineses had been far more efficient at saving the Magikarp than he and had lifted the rest and plopped them in as he had seen Lance doing, and the latter couldn’t help but feel a bitter sting that he’d been outdone by the Pokémon.

“Thanks,” he muttered insincerely, no longer humbled by urgency now that his research was safe.

Lance turned his eyes to the ground, wondering what to do about the inch-deep pool of water that had collected in the center, but his attention was distracted when he heard a frightened mewl from the door. Lark was staring at him with wide eyes, and Chrissy hovered above the Espeon.

Not appreciating the disturbance since they didn’t look like they were going to make themselves useful, he shot at them, “Well?”

Lark meowed loudly, and again, for he seemed to be very disturbed by the danger that had just passed.

“I’m fine, now hush!” Lance snapped before returning to confronting his problem. He knew what he must do: let the water drain and then remove the larger pieces of glass as the pored drain caught it. And tell Professor Oak that his pips might get a little cut up, but there was nothing he could do about that. He wasn’t being lazy or inconsiderate for once; there really wasn’t anything he could do.

But then he remembered he had no idea why this had happened in the first place: that explosion. That flash – had that been an electrical flash? It had happened too fast to be sure, but that’s what it had looked like. Maybe the plug shorted? There was no way of telling now because almost everything in the tank was destroyed completely and what hadn’t was waterlogged. But he made a habit of checking electrical plugs regularly. It was basic lab safety. Had he missed something? No way! That couldn’t have been it. He, Lance Brewer, never missed anything. It was simply impossible for someone of his sheer magnificence to overlook such an amateur detail! Maybe if he had been a middle schooler, but he was a doctor of science.

His attention returned to the water and glass around his feet. Oh right – he had to tell Professor Oak about this. But when he looked up again, something else made itself more important than telling Professor Oak his fish tank had exploded.

Lance’s heart stopped at the figure in front of him, and if his paper white face could have lost any more color it would have. A swirling mass of yellow, blue, and black stood in front of him. It looked very much like a cloud, but it looked even more like Raikou.

“Raikou!” he squeaked, not sure if he should cower or feel honored.

The cloudy dog tilted its head. ‘Tis not I in the flesh. But I am Raikou.’ He started, for the voice seemed to come more from between his ears than the cloud thing itself.

He squeaked again. “Did – did you do that!?” he asked incredulously, pointing at the tank.

Yes.

Lance’s thus far frightened face fell. Son of a –

I can still hear you.

He squeaked again.

Quit squeaking, or I may think I’ve appeared to a Rattata instead of a human.

He would have squeaked again if Raikou had not forsaken it, so he nodded with mute vigor.

“W-what – what – why did you – explode my -… You exploded my Magikarp!” he whined.

It will all fall into place. But I have not targeted you without reason. On to business: I believe you’ve heard of the Pokerabies epidemic spreading, yes?

Lance’s face fell from fear to neutrality. He had heard of the epidemic; he’d certainly heard of it. He’d heard of it so much he thought he might puke if he heard another word about it. It was all anyone ever talked about in the lab. As morally inept as Lance might be however, he was not stupid in the least. He knew exactly what Raikou wanted from him.

“No,” he refused flatly.

I’m afraid “yes” would be the proper answer.

“I’m not doing it. I’m warning you, back off. I’m not doing it,” Lance resisted, shaking his head. “I have better things to do,” he articulated. “I’ll call security; don’t you dare.”

Call security!’ the cloud thing boomed in what paralleled laughter. ‘You are an amusing one!

Lance hesitated, lip twitching and throat letting out a wavering grunt that seemed to be the start of a word, but it died quickly.

I will give you two days to prepare yourself.

His pride kicked. “Um, excuse me, I never agreed to –“

You don’t have to.

Again Lance’s voice started and died in a shuddering, ‘Ehhh…’

Two days.

“This isn’t fair!” Lance shot back. “You can’t just tell me to do something and make me do it by force! That’s like – that’s completely abusing your power! You can’t do that!” he protested.

Watch me!’ Raikou laughed again.

Lance let out a little frustrated scream. “What is your problem!”

I have big things that need doing, and I won’t let little protests prevent it.

“You know, you can’t really force me to do anything I don’t want to do,” Lance sneered.

Would you like to have a moment to think that statement through?

“…Well if you’re forcing me to do it I’m not gonna do a good job. Science isn’t magic you know. You’ve gotta want it. You’ve gotta really want it. I happen not to.”

Oh really?

The cloud being turned its head in the direction of the door where Lark stood. They seemed to have an unspoken understanding, for with no further prompting Lark waded through the glass-filled water towards him.

“Lark! No, stay back, you’ll cut your paws!” Lance fretted, but the Espeon ignored him. The young man turned angrily on Raikou’s cloud being and bared his teeth. “Leave him out of this Raikou! That’s low! Low, Raikou!”

Oh, but Lark was already in this,’ Raikou shot back as Lark nestled between the cloud being’s front legs. ‘You don’t think I’m trying to cure Pokerabies for the humans, do you?

Lance drew back a little. It had never occurred to him that Lark could have been the next one to catch the disease. The mere thought pained him. For a long moment he was silent, trying to consider what would happen if his dear Espeon had to be put down. But no, that would never happen. It wouldn’t happen to him.

Oh, but it can happen to you, Lance.

He started, having forgotten that Raikou could hear his thoughts.

Don’t think you are invincible. Your Pokémon are as susceptible as any other, and it’s spreading quickly.

Lance looked from Lark to the cloud Raikou and back to Lark. The statement seemed to have hit him hard. He loved Lark; it was as simple as that. He had never experienced loss before, but he wasn’t looking forward to his first encounter with it.

One week.

The cloud swirled and dissipated into the air, leaving Lance to digest what had just transpired between them.

“Lark…” he beckoned quietly, holding his hands out to the Espeon. The lavender little cat-like Pokémon lifted its paws of the water as it walked towards him, and Lance knelt and scooped him up once he was close enough, holding him against his chest.

“You wouldn’t go getting Pokerabies on me… Would you?”

Lark did not respond, but had noticed the scent of Magikarp covering the front of his master’s labcoat and was lapping at the damp garment with a pink tongue, head and ears bobbing.
Back to top Go down
GaleCross

GaleCross

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa376 Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa130 Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa006 Kanto Main Plot Dpmfa082

Suicune. A dog of legend. Legend. It couldn’t actually exist because legends aren’t true. They are based off of truth but not in themselves totally true. But there he was, a hurricane at his heels. His voice was the ungodly rushing of the violent winds as he commanded her. It wasn’t a cruel command, more like a request that she shouldn’t dare deny. Oh but how beautifully the choppy waters sparkled beneath his cleansing touch.

Beatrix rubbed Helios’s X with her thumbs. There had to be a way but she wasn’t sure. She needed specimens. She needed a place to analyze them, recourses for cross-referencing and computing. Of course she had Helios and he was all the computing power she needed but he lacked the creative capacity of her own ‘genius’. It was a human thing, she’d found. Or that she had until Suicune appeared from a swirling water vortex of doom and decided her life’s course from that moment on. Whatever, it wasn’t as though her life actually had a direction before that.

“We’re almost there, huh?” she asked Helios and patted his head.

He hummed. Helios made noises in a similar fashion to Ohma, in that he used built up energy and manipulated it along the surface of his body and this generated sound. Ohma was a tad more effective but also lacked Helios’s telepathic capacities. At least she thought he was telepathic. Sometimes he just knew things that about her that another shouldn’t.

“You’ll help me with this, right?”

He hummed again, lighter. That was a yes, it was chime-like. Ohma used that sound and he’d copied it.

They’d been flying straight toward Fuchsia but with the cycling road just in sight. It would cut off about an hour or two flying such a direct path. The sea breeze was always cool. She could close her eyes, letting the zephyrs play with her hair and jacket, whistling in her ears and filling her nostrils with salty scents. Drifting. Helios was well aware of this though. He would make a high-pitched cracking noise whenever she started to drift too far away from consciousness. Beatrix opened her grey eyes to the view of land stretching far into the east. In the distant haze before her she could see forms that had to be buildings. The storm probably wouldn’t make it this far down, at least not before nightfall.

As they came closer to land she had Helios go higher, enough so they’d blend into the blue sky. So few clouds this far south, they wouldn’t have to worry about one revealing their presence. Land changed from forest to grassland. The Safari Zone. It had been sealed off, due to the poke rabies. That wouldn’t stop her. No. How many of the cameras would, honestly, be looking up? And how many would see that there was a person atop this behemoth of a pokemon? She nestled down on Helios’s head and said, “We need to glide in, easy and soft. They shouldn’t care about a pokemon dropping in.”

Helios hummed sharply, aggravated.

“The cameras won’t be a problem. I’ll have Ohma create interference. It’ll be fine.”

He didn’t make a noise. Beatrix tightened her grip as he glided down and into a bush. Some pokemon scurried away, crying. She quickly pulled off the third poke ball on her left and pressed the center button. It popped, flashed, and her Magneton stared at her with its three eyes.

“Ohma, be a good girl and make some noise.”

It twirled, making a staticy chime. With each turn small charges raced along her six magnets and started pulsing outward. Beatrix grit her teeth and covered one ear as she slid off of Helios. Ohma was good at this, lots of practice. Sometimes she was too good.

“Tone it down a bit. I’m only supposed to bleed out of one orphis!” Ohma stopped buzzing but still pulsed occasionally, its magnets vibrating. “The cameras should be all set. Alright, time for a rest, Helios.” It closed its eyes before she opened its ball and it zipped back into it in a burst of white light.

She looked around. Nobody to be seen. Some rustling in bushes or a few bird pokemon flying around. Now she just needed to find one that was infected. Shouldn’t be too hard. They usually acted all kinds of crazy.

“Let’s head out!” she said to Ohma. It followed behind her, chiming every now and then making shivers run down Beatrix’s spine.
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Charlie's Team:
Kanto Main Plot Rbspr001
Nuada♂

Kanto Main Plot Rbspr058
Growlithe♂

Outside Celadon City:

Captain Charlie Romaine crept through the underbrush of the forest on her belly, like a soldier in the trenches. The enemy was everywhere, every Pidgey in the trees and every Caterpie in the earth. She led with her tranq gun. Her Bulbasaur followed with an identical knitted brow. A low growl rumbled in his throat.

Charlie turned to face her Bulbasaur and held a finger to her lips. She made another motion with her hand, a visual signal that she had taught Nuada to recognize. Nuada pulled his vines out and held them there.

"Mew."

Nearby, a young Sandshrew was digging with alarming intensity. It seemed to be attacking the ground. Charlie made another hand motion and Nuada's vines seized the Sandshrew before it had time to realize what was going on. Its scream of terror was cut off abruptly by the crack of Charlie's tranq gun. Nuada dropped the Sandshrew's limp body. Charlie pulled a vial of red liquid from a pouch on her belt and injected the Sandshrew with it. It was dead in seconds.

"Mission accomplished," Charlie murmured, pulling her white gloves on. She put the Sandshrew's body in a burlap sack.

Footsteps behind her. Charlie whirled around and pointed the tranq gun at the approaching - just an underling. She lowered the gun. "Officer Parsons?"

The young officer took a moment to retrieve his heart from his throat before proceeding. "Captain, the chief wants a word with you."

"And what am I supposed to do with this?" Charlie asked, indicating the burlap sack. "It's an active threat to the safety and well-being of the community."

"Um... I guess I'll take care of it, Captain."

"Thank you, officers. You are dismissed."

Officer Parsons waited until she and her gun were safely out of earshot before muttering, "Oh wow, she really needs to get laid."

"Come in, Charlie."

Celadon was one of the richest cities in Kanto, and their police station sported the city's wealth in the form of rare, police-trained Pokemon. Charlie had been transferred there several years previous during a rash of kidnappings by Team Rocket. Saffron City seemed all too glad to be rid of her. Charlie chalked it up to jealousy. No other officer worked as hard as she did to keep the city safe. She was doing all she could for Celadon too, especially during this crisis, which the Pokemon professors called "the most dangerous disease to hit this land in centuries." They suspected some breeds of Pokemon would go extinct.

Chief Jackson heard a knock at his door and opened it to find Charlie standing at attention. No matter how many years he worked with this woman, he would never get used to this. "At ease, Captain."

"Sir."

"... You can come in."

Charlie entered and sat in a shiny oak chair across from Jackson's desk. "So Charlie, how are you doing?"

"I found three suspected cases of Pokerabies today. I have eliminated all three threats."

Three, and it's barely mid-day, Jackson thought. I'd bet a year's salary that they didn't even have rabies.

"Mew?"

Charlie shook her head. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I haven't said anything, Captain." Jackson paced behind his desk uncomfortably. "And how is the young Growlithe doing?"

"He is a quick learner, but his firepower is disappointing. I would like to request some money to buy calcium supplements for him."

"Request granted. And your Bulbasaur?"

"Mew."

"Pardon sir?"

"Your Bulbasaur, Captain."

"Mew."

Charlie's eyes scoured the room. "It sounds like a baby Meowth."

"Your Bulbasaur - that sounds like a problem, captain. Have you taken him to a center?"

"Mew?"

"Where is it?" Charlie looked under the chair. Jackson ran his hands through his thinning hair. People had said Charlie was cracking, but the situation was worse than expected. "Are you looking for something?"

"That sound, do you hear it?"

"There is no sound, Charlie."

"No, there is."

"My hearing is as good as ever, and - Captain, why don't we get to the point."

"Mew?"

"There it is again!"

"A lot of us here on the force have been increasingly worried for your well-being lately - "

"Sir, a sound like this in your office could be a threat to you. I respectfully request that you leave."

"Not until you hear me out, Captain. I have heard you are skipping your breaks to take the tranq into the woods. You are shooting at Pokemon whether they are wild or domestic. In short, you are becoming a liability."

"Domestic Pokemon can have rabies just as easily as wild ones, sir."

"Nevertheless, Captain, you have worked yourself into a hysteria. How can we keep the public calm when our own police can't be calm?"

"Sir, I am not hysterical. My head has never been clearer in my life. I just take my duties to this cty more seriously than some."

"Well, as of right now, I am relieving you of your duties."

"Mew!"

"Mew?" Charlie repeated.

Jackson blinked rapidly. "What do you mean, mew? No, it's not permanent. You're one of the best officers I have, not to mention the single best shot with a tranq this side of Saffron. No, I'm just giving you two weeks' paid vacation. Get some R&R in. Go out and play with your Bulbasaur. Go shopping at the department store. Do some traveling. Heaven forbid, you may even go on a date."

"Sir, I must decline."

"You may not, captain. This is a mandatory vacation. Now, I cannot take away your tranq gun, since you provided it for yourself when you joined the force, but I can take away your euthanasia packs. Please, leave them on the desk."

*click* The pouch detached from Charlie's belt. She rested it on top of a pile of documents.

"I will leave the Growlithe in your care. I think he may be very therapeutic for you. Maybe, unlike your Bulbasaur, he will even learn to play. I must request that you do not tranq any Pokemon during your vacation unless you are in a grave and immediate danger."

"Yes, sir."

"Good girl. Now, I don't want to see you back here again until after I've stockpiled enough whiskey to deal with you."

An awkward pause.

"And I certainly do not want to see you in that uniform!"

"Mew?"

"Sir?"

He practically pushed her out and slammed the door on her face. A gaggle of co-workers watched on in fascinated horror. Parsons' ears were growing red on Charlie's behalf. Charlie swallowed a lump in her throat and pushed the burning in her cheeks down to her stomach, where it simmered the remnants of breakfast.

"Good day, officers," she said cooly to the gaggle and left.
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:38 am

Kitty's Crew:
Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg135Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg128Kanto Main Plot Pkrs162Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg059
Rabbit♂~ Thunderun ♂~ Natu♂~Paprika♀

Kitty's walkytalkie squawked, “Allo, Kitty? You still on we have an emergency- oh I doubt she has it on still, Laurence find her cell-” The woman's voice said away from the device.

“Uh oh,” Virgil said sarcastically. Kitty did not share his enthusiasm. Her job was not one where she was called in after hours very often and with current events there was really only one thing that might be labeled an emergency.

“I'm here,” she said quickly into the device. It was very rare that the director of staff got on the walkytalkies herself.

“Oh good, we have camera interference in sector four. We think we have intruders. Probably kids.”
She made a face, “Oookay” She wasn't hired for security, she was veterinarian, one that was almost done with her apprenticeship. Granted she was good at bringing down snarky kids she caught throwing rocks at the Pokemon. She was well known for it actually.

Who threw rocks at baby kangaskans anyway?

“I just figured with you reputation you could handle it better than Bill is all. But it could be other things... three of the cameras in zone four are down, they don't go out all at once like that often,” The director said with the best tact she could manage.

“So they want you to use your rocket power for good, isn't that against your code or something.”
“Shut it,” She hissed then hit the walkytalkie button, “I can check it out. I'll keep in contact.” A heard of maddened tauros could have taken down the cameras or scyther, Those two things took down cameras every now and again anyway. Hopefully it was some kids with a magnamite. She had always meant to catch one when she was younger and prone to shoplifting.
“I'll see you at the house then,” she said.

“I feel very much like you're that dad that works to much and leaves in the middle of birthdays.”

“you'll live, It wont take long if its not serious.”

“And if it is?”

“Then its going to be a very long night.” It wasn't a good idea for a staff member to say pokerabies in the middle of a crowded zoo.

“I guess I'll buy a beer and sulk on your back porch and watch your father smoke. Cause you know how entertaining that is. Mean while you're off saving baby dragonairs from death and destruction. I see how it is. Ms. Rockette saving the day, don't forget your cape.”

She smacked him int eh chest hard multiple times (oh oh oh Heeey) and, “You're lucky my father even tolerates you!”

“Its not my fault you're a loser and live at home.”

“At least I have a home,” Kitty shot back.

“Low.”

“Shut up and give me Paprikah.” she demanded.

“Wait what?”

“You heard me, hand her over.”

“What why?” he still looked perplexed as if she was speaking foreign language.

“Shut up and give me your arcanine.”

“what no-” he was cut off by a rather forceful kiss. Her fingers flipped the button on his belt and deftly snag the pokemon in question.

She broke away and said, “I'll call you.”

“I feel like this is how we met, but with more punching and less making out.”

“I'm pretty sure I stole all your pokemon, and your bike.”

“If you want to get really technic-”

“I'll be back,” she cut him off and walked away. She put the stolen arcanine on her belt. Stolen pokeballs always put a prance in her step. If it was intruders she wanted all the big guns she could get. Having a team of three meant being outgunned when it came to battles.

~

It took her a minute or two to go back through bill's quarantine station and get back out into the park. She released her tauros from his ball with a pop and flash. The grumpy bovine pawed the ground and snorted.

“You know the drill,” she said. She patted him on the shoulder and the beast kneel. It had taken more work than she wanted to admit to train the simple feat. Thunderrun was terribly grumpy and uncooperative. She grabbed a handful of woolly mane and hoisted herself onto his back. “Let's go,” she said pressing her heels against his sides. The pokemon took off at a leisurely pace and would be hard pressed to go any faster than he wanted to. Fortunately a tauros in a fast walk was faster than going by foot or bicycle any day.

She was soon in the midst of zone four trying to balance on Thunderun's back to reach a high mounted camera in a tree. “No it looks fine, The light is blinking funny on it, but it looks fine,” she told the director. Thunder run shifted and her hand holding the walkietalky went out for balance as she held on to a limb. “Would it kill you to hold still. Thunder, stay...STAY.”

She received an uncooperative snort and brought the communication device back to her.“-terfernce most likely. Check the grounds for anything suspicious while I call the technician.”

“On it,” she said and plopped down form her precarious position. “Whose a good tauros for not killing his mommy? Thunder is, yes he is.” the pokemon entirely ignored her praise or the pat on the head between his horns. She tapped him and made him walk forward. She ventured farther in, if it was interference from a single source then it would be at the center of the affected cameras.

She heard the high pitched squeal of the magneton before she saw it. It's master wasn't far off. She watched them for a moment, an older woman in a flashy jacket wasn't what she was expecting. She wasn't in a rocket uniform, that was a relief.

yeah that's the one. Go say hi. You'll like her. Or maybe she'll tear you apart. Either way this should be interesting. Go on, go say hi, be a good girl Once again the thought roamed around her head in counter clock wise fashion that didn't seem out of place at all. She urged Thunderun out of the brush.

“Excuse me, “ she began, “What do you think you're doing? The park's closed.” She tapped her staff badge as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:36 pm

“Well! Looks like you’ll just have to be out of your lab for the rest of the day while the water drains, Lance,” Professor Oak concluded, having examined the state of his lab and emerged back out into the hall. “How unfortunate that you missed that frayed cord! That is what you think it was, right?”

“Definitely, Sir,” Lance stated with a nod. “Without doubt.”

“Do you have any other research that needs saving?”

“No; my only other project is in the greenhouse, but there’s nothing that needs doing today. I checked on my way in. It’s just doing its growing thing.” He hoped that Professor Oak wouldn’t notice he was unusually subdued, and if he did then he would attribute it to his lab explosion and not the fact that a legendary dog had practically threatened him into another research project. Lance Brewer was never subdued. He chugged along with that pride of his through any kind of fortune. Usually it was pretty good fortune, but it was still fortune, right?

“Well, since you can’t do anything else in there today, would you mind doing field work for me?”

The request caught Lance by surprise. “Uhhhhmmm, well on second thought maybe there is something that can be done on my greenhouse pro –“

“Great! I need you to go to Celadon and pick up a special egg from Erika. She says that the mother who was carrying it developed Pokerabies during gestation. It's a fine opportunity for experimentation.”

“Wait, isn’t that across the country?“ They were both aware of the lab code in place that field workers now had to leave their Pokémon behind whenever possible, meaning Lance was going to have to bike there. “And don’t I have to go through Viridian Forest where I’ll get mauled by rabid Pokémon?”

“You’ll stop in Viridian City and get an officer to accompany you,” Professor Oak assured. “Come to my office, and I’ll supply you with everything you’ll need. You’re free to stop for lunch before you leave.”

Lance’s mouth hung slightly open. Did Professor Oak really just do that? Did Professor Oak really just take advantage of his misfortune to push him into a field job in which he had to cross the most dangerous area in Kanto just to get an egg?

Son…of…a…

It was going be a long day.

He had stopped in Viridian City as he had been instructed. His escort was a job-oriented young man whom he did not develop any attachment to. At Pewter City they stopped for lunch, an awkward and silent affair. During the whole five hours of trip they exchanged perhaps a dozen words, most of which was polite acknowledgment when the officer’s Growlithe chased off wild Pokémon for him after a particularly bad startle.

Lance normally wasn’t so prone to awkward silences. He either didn’t think they were awkward or didn’t care. But then again, normally Lance was proud to be seen in public on his fairly pretty bike, and, normally he also listened to his mp3 player while biking on the open roads between towns. And normally he rode proud, tall, and pretty fast, confidence rolling off him and practically leaving a trail where he passed.

However, today was no ordinary day. His mind was occupied by everything that had occurred in the past few hours, but it was mostly stuck on Raikou. It distracted him dangerously, and he had to swerve around many an obstacle at the last second, which no doubt earned silent disdain from his escort. He was not in the mood for his music either, and his mp3 sat abandoned in his bag. And instead of sitting tall and proud, he slouched and frowned, riding just fast enough to please the officer.

He wondered if Raikou could still hear his thoughts. Well, he was sure that it could, but the better question was did Raikou care to? He hoped not. Having his own Nelson able to read his mind when nearby was enough. Having a strange, powerful deity in his head wherever he went did not appeal to him in the slightest. He was a loning creature by nature.

Oh how it all bugged him though, the unlikeliness of everything! No, not that Raikou had chosen him, but that Raikou had all the powers he had displayed. There simply wasn’t an explanation for them. Granted there was much about Pokémon that could not be explained at a first glance, but Lance had many private theories. For Raikou’s cloud creature and long-distance telepathy and electric abilities, nothing came to him. It unnerved him badly, and so he tried hard to debunk it and prove to himself that none of it had actually happened.

It went something like this: when the fish tank had exploded, it had probably spewed all kinds of bacteria and protists into the air. Breathing those things in couldn’t be good for you. Natural airborne hallucinogens! And he’d hallucinated on the subject of Pokerabies because he’d been so saturated with it lately. It was common psychology. In fact, it was possible Lance had even had a momentary bout of incomplete awareness without the help of hallucinogens. It could have been stress and panic. With that many hormones pumping at once, anything could happen to the brain! It was simply a misfiling in his cerebral cortex, a sort of prevailing waking dream that had gotten mixed in with his real memories. Yes, that was it. And it would never happen again.

He had picked up speed as he’d picked up confidence and was gliding skillfully over the road to Mt. Moon with a smirk on his face, although it was slightly forced, because he only believed it when he remembered to. The officer glanced at him quizzically, no doubt wondering what had changed his manner so abruptly.

His escort seemed to know the way through Mt. Moon by heart, and they were through in no time. Or they would have been at least if a Clefairy hadn’t appeared.

Lance gave a drawn gasp when he spotted the pink, star-shaped Pokémon, grabbing the officer’s sleeve and jumping up and down excitedly. “Kyogre and Groudon! Holy crap holy crap! It’s a Clefairy it’s a Clefairy it’s a Clefairy I want to take samples! Look look look!”

“Huh? Where?”

“Loooooook!” he hissed, pointing at it. The gentle little Pokémon was peaking at them from behind a boulder, tilting what head it had and twitching its brown-tipped ears when Lance jabbed a finger in its direction.

“Want me to catch it for you?” his escort asked offhandedly. They were out of the vicinity of rabid Pokémon, so whether the Clefairy was rabid or not was not a worry.

The words hit a nerve in him. No, he didn’t. He wanted to catch it himself, but he didn’t have any Pokémon. He had a stock of Great Balls and Ultra Balls, but they were useless without Pokémon to weaken the creature. But Clefairy were an experimental gold mine. They were beloved by girls for their cute faces, docile natures, and pink fur, but they were beloved by scientists for their unusual behaviors, apparent connection to the moon, and unknown origin.

“No, that’s fine,” Lance muttered. He then remembered Raikou’s request of him and momentarily forgot it was all a hallucination. “I already have enough projects anyway.”

The escort shrugged. “Okay.”

They reached Cerulean City soon after, and here the officer left him. He rode on his own through the town, the next route, Saffron, the next route – and finally, into Cerulean City. His watch told him it was four, almost five in the afternoon. His coworkers would be wrapping up the day’s work. Well, they could be. Half of them would be there at midnight pursuing their passion. He whimsically wondered if he would see anybody when he got back that night.

Professor Oak had called ahead and arranged for him to meet Erika at a little bistro for a quaint and meaningless dinner. He wished he’d brought a change of clothes. His red and white short-sleeved coat had seen better days, and his jeans were frayed. Erika on the other hand was dressed in a kimono, kind of cute, and reminded him of the Kimono Girls in Kanto, so much so that he brought it up in conversation. He struggled to stay pleasant and polite for the sake of not getting fired. Aside from feeling pressured by how pretty she was, he was generally irritable from the long, bad day. In fact it ranked highly in his list of worst days ever. It wasn’t even over yet, either. Now all that needed to happen was for the rabid baby to pop out of this egg in the middle of his travel back to Pallet Town and maul him. It would suit the luck he'd had today.

But finally they had finished their meal, she had given him the egg he had been sent for, and they had gone their separate ways. It was dark now, and he didn’t like being outside. He dreaded going home in it, and if he’d brought just a little more money with him he would have stayed at the hotel even if it meant not eating until well past noon tomorrow. Not having the money physically pained him, since Lance Brewer always had the money. But seeing as for once he didn’t, he sighed and made his way to the police station to ask for that escort, slouching tiredly.

This was all Raikou’s fault.
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Charlie's Team:
Kanto Main Plot Rbspr001Kanto Main Plot Rbspr058
Nuada♂ Growlithe♂

Celadon City:

When was the last time I had an unscheduled day off? Charlie wondered. She changed into her casual clothes and lay on the bed, gazing half-heartedly at a shelf of unread books. Crime novels that her mother had bought her. Charlie liked to go through them with a highlighter and mark the fallacies, but that's all they were good for. They all ended the same way. Coppers win.

A laptop computer that she used to type reports. No games on it. A cell phone that didn't contain the numbers of any boys outside the police force. A TV with too few channels. Not that Charlie knew what was on TV. She hadn't watched anything but the news and the weather channel since she was a kid.

You haven't? That's sad. There are some good things on TV.

That again. Charlie jumped to her feet. "Who's there?"

I like watching Kanto Music Channel.

"I'm warning you, I'm a Captain in the Celadon Police Force."

Haha, Mew-sic, get it?

"Show yourself, I demand it!"

Another still silence. Nuada yawned, unfazed by his master's bouts of insanity. Growlithe approached Charlie nervously.

My big brothers told me to stay hidden. They told me not to show myself.

"Your brothers?"

They said there are people out there who would hurt me.

"You're just a kid, aren't you?"

Nuada rolled over. Charlie sat down on the bed. "I'm not gonna hurt you, but you really should go home. Kids shouldn't be wandering alone."

Another silence. Charlie stroked Nuada's belly. "No, really kid, get out of my house."

I'm not in your house. I'm in your head.

Charlie replayed the last five minutes in her mind and nearly swallowed her tongue when she realized that she hadn't heard an audible sound since Nuada's yawn. "You're joking."

I wouldn't joke with you. You're a very serious person. That's why I'm here. Your head is the only safe place left for me to hide.

"Kid, I mean it. Quit messing with me."

My name isn't kid, it's Mew, and I happen to be a lot older than you. That's why I'm so good at word games. Hey, wanna play a word game?

"Mew? Like the sound a baby Skitty makes? Real cute, kid."

This one's my favorite. You say a word and I say a word that rhymes. Then I say a word and you have to find a rhyme! Go on, start.

"Dammit!"

Hah-a-mit. OK, my turn. Orange!

"Hah-a-mit..." Charlie rushed over to the bookshelf and opened a textbook that she had kept from her school days. "Kid, that's ancient Johtan."

It means seaweed biscuit. I used to love those. I love the flat, rock-hard crunch.

"But no one bakes flat seaweed biscuits anymore. Not since mankind learned to use yeast to make the bread rise."

I know. Hey, do you have any seaweed biscuits?

"And you said your name was Mew? Like the mythical Pokemon? I'm sorry, I need to go."

Let me come with you!

"No."

You can't leave me behind!

"Watch me."

The library was just next to the police station, in the center of town. Charlie slung her tranq gun over her back (just in case) and biked to the library.

"Pardon, do you have any books about Mew?"

The librarian looked up over her book. "Mew? The Legendary Pokemon? Not much for readers your age."

"I'm looking for historical accounts. Sightings. Scientific theories. Facts."

"Not much on those," the librarian said. "I'll see what I can find, though."

Ten minutes later, Charlie was sitting alone at the corner table, pawing moodily through a single volume of Pokemon mythology.

Hey, guess what? Turns out, I can come with you! Isn't that exciting?

"I swear, I am going to - " Charlie cut herself off quickly as she realized the librarian was staring at her.

Oooh, what're you reading? I like stories.

"It's a mythology book. I'm learning more about you," Charlie hissed.

If you want to know more about me, you can just ask me in your head! I'll answer any questions you may think. Or you can ask my big brothers. Oooh, I sense one approaching now. Raikou!

"Raikou?"

Yeah, you should go outside and meet him. He's with this scrawny nerd-kid. We're supposed to be finding a way to solve the Pokerabies epidemic. We're gonna save the world!

Charlie stood up and left, leaving the book lying open on the table. She walked outside and sure enough, a scrawny nerd was biking towards the station. Charlie tried to give off a police-like aura. "Sir, can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Tokala
Admin
Tokala

Location : Back in my day, we didn't need a name for Kanto, it was the whole world

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Phoenix's Team:
Kanto Main Plot Emespr229 . . Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg126 . Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg058Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg078 . Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg136
Cerebus ♂ | St. Helen ♀ | Ben ♂ | Nightmare ♀ | Junior ♂

Phoenix sat alone in silent meditation. Breathe in, inhale the fire. Breathe out, exhale the smoke. Breathe in, inhale the victory. Breathe out exhale the - “Snow!” his voice shook like a volcano preparing to errupt. “It is time. Today, as every day, we shall defeat all who come to challenge us. None shall defeat the perfect fraternal duo of Pheonix and Snow!”

Cale was asleep. Really the best part of the day was when he was asleep. Of course, he didn't know this for sure, he didn't really remember his time spent sleeping, but considering how most of his days went, it was safe for him to assume that the best part of his day was the sleep. “Snow!” Pheonix's voice woke him immediately. There was really no need to shout, and the alarm would have woken him in a minute anyways, but Cale knew his brother was never one to leave theatrics undone. “It is time. Today, as every day, we shall defeat all who come to challenge us,” which would amount to a whopping zero challengers if Cale's prayers had anything to do with it. “None shall defeat the perfect fraternal duo of Phoenix and Snow!” Cale dreaded that name, he really did. He had never wanted it, never wanted to be Snow, never wanted to really battle so much as just have fun with his Pokemon. But Phoenix had insisted. Not that Cale was upset about it, he had willing agreed, if only because it made his brother so happy. Phoenix was hopeless really, with money, with real jobs, but the one thing he was great at was training, so Cale couldn't well turn him down. Still, he wondered sometimes how much Phoenix actually believed the ridiculous things he said.

After getting down to the gym, the day pretty much passed without incident, and luckily for Cale, without a Challenger. This meant he got to keep on his comfortable khakis, and didn't have to get into the outrageous garb that Phoenix had picked out for “Snow.” It also meant he didn't have to look at the pathetic ice Pokemon that his brother had acquired for him, he just had to sit back and balance the books for the Gym. That wasn't a problem, he could practically do logistics like that in his sleep. Planning, sticking to plans, preparing for the worst, all of these were areas that Cale shone, on the gym floor though, Pheonix often said he lacked a certain spark.

“Snow!” Cale heard his brother's loud footsteps before his voice, and he stood as Phoenix entered the side room of the Dojo which Cale liked to call his office. “We haven't had a Challenger make it all the way to us yet this week!” Phoenix's disappointment was inversely proportional to Cale's joy at that statement. “What're we gonna do about that?”

Cale's face fell. “Do about that Phoenix? I'm.. uh... not sure what you mean.”

“Yeah, do about it, did I mutter?” He didn't say it threateningly, in fact his tone might have been the only thing about the man's attitude that wasn't threatening. Where as Cale put on the persona of Snow in order to placate his brother and to be seen as an appropriate Gym Leader for the circuit, Phoenix lived the life. Everything about him mimic'd flame, ready to consume the unwary.

“No Phoenix, you didn't mutter. But we're already down to the minimum number of Trainees allowed by the circuit. And we can't let any of them go for less experienced Trainees, or else the quality of the Gym will suffer.” As he hit that last point, Cale saw the resolute look dawn on his brother's face, and he knew he'd won. Phoenix would never let the Viridian Gym be anything less than the best it could be.

“I know,” he said, defeated, “I'm just bored. I've run Nightmare and Ben through their routines twice each, and the rest of them three times. I think Junior's about ready to burst.”

“Go outside, get some fresh air,” Cale suggested.

“Can't do that, there could be a Challenger any moment.”

“Well if you're not going to take advantage of the lovely day, I will.” Cale smiled. At least it was a consistent temperature outside the Dojo. Even with the door to his office closed, his face was sweating from the heat, while his feet were freezing. As he walked towards Phoenix and the door, he saw the reason. Birdy, the little Delibird, had been sitting silently under his desk, napping. He had half a mind to walk back and kick it. On second thought, not with Phoenix in the room. He put a hand on his brother's shoulder. “You're running an excellent Gym,” he smiled.

“We're running an excellent Gym,” Pheonix replied, obviously trying to pay him a compliment. Cale walked by him, turning his head to look at a large burned hole in the red and yellow battle robes. He smiled as he shook his head and walked outside, a new pair of battle robes would cost almost $100, and depending on how many challengers had even come in today, not to make it by the Trainees, that might put a dent into the budget.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Eldest of Three soared above the clouds, his powerful wings eliminating the need for thermals or any other sort of assistance to keep him in the air. He circled above a city, a gym. Inwardly he laughed at the tackiness of the decorations. Fire and Ice indeed, those humans hadn't seen a fight between Ice and Fire, not until they saw a spat between him and his youngest sibling. He smiled at that thought, the last argument they'd had was particularly nasty, but it had been fun in a way to push the fiery buttons that made Moltress tick.

Onto business though, he had still yet to choose. As the Eldest, he should have been the first to know, and the first to choose a Human to bond with. At least he hadn't rushed in headlong. He'd been studying this one for a long time, just in case. There was just the issue of the brother. No matter though, this one followed the orders of whoever was strongest, and there was no way the human could match him.
Back to top Go down
https://intelligentfools.forumotion.com
Sabriel

Sabriel

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Lance braked his bike to a halt when an authoritative voice called out. He wasn’t sure it was calling to him, but he wasn’t sure that it wasn’t either. Anyone biking around at night was a suspicion. He turned to see the owner of the voice, looking for a police uniform but not finding one, although a casually dressed, brunette woman was staring at him in a very police officer like way. He stared back at her for a moment, calculating. Clever thug or off-duty officer? Well if it was a clever thug they’d probably have gone the whole nine yards and gotten the uniform. He went with off-duty officer. Police officers just had a way. Training, he guessed. But she was off-duty and couldn’t escort him.

“Probably not, Miss. I just need an escort back to Pallet Town is all.” He admittedly was nervous that she would be suspicious of him for something and delay him further with questioning. Or had he broken a law and not realized it? Police officers popping up out of nowhere just made him nervous.

’Say more. Mew is with her.’

Lance’s eyes widened themselves. Kyogre and Groudon – Raikou was still there. He had to be hallucinating again. He nearly had a panic attack on the spot, something that had never happened to him before. All of his debunking had gone to waste. He had done himself no good by trying to explain the truth as a lie.

’Say more, boy!’

“But – well see, it’s occurred to me that I don’t know if they’ll have any open officers… I don’t really want to stay at the inn though. Do you think they will?” He really wasn’t good at the whole casual conversation thing.

’You don’t have to be. Mew and I will take care of it. Hello, Little Mew? I thought we told you to stay out of this.’ The dog’s tone suddenly grew thunderous.

Lance couldn’t help but let out an audible squeak. He really didn’t want Raikou to get angry while in his head. That just didn’t really appeal to him.

“Can you please not do this in my head?” he squeaked quietly to himself, deeming it safe to go with his instinct to be audible if the officer too had a voice in her head. She should understand, right? “I’m just not comfortable with that.”

’Boy, don’t be such a Rattata. I will not lose my temper, and should I, you would not suffer regardless.’ Before Lance could respond, Raikou cut him off again. ’So quiet.’

Last edited by Sabriel on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:37 pm

The nerd-boy was talking to himself. Either Mew was telling the truth, or Charlie was dealing with an unstable individual.

"Relax, I have been assigned to be your escort, sir." It wasn't technically a lie. It was just that Mew had done the assigning, not Chief Jackson. "My name is Captain Charlie Romaine. What is yours?"

Big Brother Raikou! The others said I could get involved if I got serious. And look at me, I got the most serious one of all! I think we'll be good friends.

Charlie bit back all manner of unpleasant things to say to Mew. This little-kid act was starting to get on her nerves.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Lance quirked an eyebrow when the police woman told him that she had been assigned to be his escort for the return trip, and his immediate reaction was suspicion and an attempt to outsmart her.

"Excuse me Miss, but how do I know you're a real officer? You're clearly not in uniform," he accused snarkily.

'Such a need to prove your own intelligence, boy! It is almost sad.' There was a sound like a exhale in his head, and then, 'Little Mew, you have missed the point...' The great beast was giving off waves of exasperation in Lance's head. He was a bit surprised, not having expected that a legendary Pokemon could ever feel so defeated. 'Little Mew, it's not that -... Oh, never mind. I guess it can't hurt as long as you yourself are somewhere safe. Come Lance, let us go.'

"Go?"

'Well she said she will be your escort, did she not?'

Lance didn't want to talk to himself again. Even if she understood, it still felt awkward. He assumed that if he did not say anything Raikou would take it as obedience.

"Never mind all that." He did not offer an explanation for why he had changed his mind or why he had suddenly deemed it unimportant. He couldn't think of one. He was beyond embarrassed and could hardly speak at all. "Let's go then?" Oh how he wanted to curl up in a corner and cry. This was going to be difficult. But no - he shouldn't lose hope. He was remarkably adaptable, and he would learn how to manage himself with a second entity riding around in his head quickly.

He took a deep breath through his nose, dreading the time between now and when he would be able to cope with having Raikou riding around in his thoughts. But time would pass. Besides, it couldn't be anywhere nearly as bad as rushing through college underaged and graduating with a PhD a year early could have been, right? Nah, no way. Nothing could beat Lance Brewer's mad college rush.
Back to top Go down
GaleCross

GaleCross

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Beatrix stopped mid-step. She was found out already? When she turned around she found the other to be a young woman with a scar over one of her eyes. A Tauros was at her side. It seemed, well, tired. That or irritated. Maybe gassy? She could never tell with those things. But more importantly, what to do?

Ohma chimed loudly. It bounced toward the woman. This was no good. If it liked this girl then it would be difficult to make it attack her. Then again it might not be too angry about stunning her. A nice little shock of static electricity would paralyze her and her Tauros long enough for her and Ohma to escape. Yes, this was ideal.

She took a step forward and was about to issue the command. A cool breeze suddenly tugged at her hair and coat, pushing her toward the woman. Not strong enough to actually move her, but she could feel it like hands gently tugging at her coat and hair, rather than wind. Maybe this was Suicune, telling her something? It was possible. She needed a cover. Lie, she did that well.

A defeated smile suddenly plastered itself on her face and she let out a weak laugh. “Guess you guys were prepared. They didn’t need to send me to test you, I told them,” Beatrix said. She walked forward and held her hand out to shake the woman’s. “I’m Dr. Ellial from Sylph Co. I’m going around the quarantined areas to make sure everything is up to par. Congratulations.” It wasn’t completely a lie. She did used to work for Sylph Co. And since a test like this wasn’t something that would be told to the Zone beforehand, it could work
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:04 pm

"If I could stop home and get my badge, you'll have all the proof you need. In fact, I need to stop home and get my Pokemon anyway, so if you could follow me. I will not take long."

Once Nuada and Growlithe had been picked up, Charlie and Lance headed down the road to Viridian. While Charlie should have been on the lookout for rabid Pokemon, her mind was reeling with the events of the day. She had to be going crazy. Maybe Jackson was right. Maybe she was cracking. Too much stress. Too much rabies. Or maybe she caught rabies from an infected Pokemon. That's right, and it was messing with her brain.

She didn't say a word to Lance as they rode along.

You're quiet. You're boring. I know! How about a song?

So this is what going crazy feels like...
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Kitty's Crew:
Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg135Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg128Kanto Main Plot Pkrs162Kanto Main Plot Pkfrlg059

"Right," kitty said. Her eyebrows lowered over her green eye and socket. She believe that as far as she could spit. She certainly didn't look like any one who would work for Sylph co. She clicked the button on the walkie talkie, "Yeah, Hey Susan," she said to the director, "A nice lady is here and claims to be with Slyph co. ..." She clicked the walkie talkie a few times. Piss. At this range even the radio waves were scrambled by the magneton.

Cute, good job. You're Super star material. Good thing I picked you. I'll never have to worry about embarrassing myself again, you got that covered.

The Zookeepers esteem sunk and she wasn't sure why. Her confidence in handling the situation dipped more than it should have. Having communication cut wasn't as scary or as dire as it would be for other people. She knew how to take care of herself. She took a cautious stance and non to subtly took a step to the far side of the Tauros. Caution was something the red head hardly ever practiced.

She highly doubted this trendy looking lady was from sylph even before her dip in confidence. If she was from sylph then she doubted she only worked for sylph. she really hoped this wasn't rocket bullshit. She'd had enough of that. She needed the upper hand back in this situation and quick.

"I hate to break it to you lady, but we just had a security test a couple days ago, So I highly doubt your telling the truth," she was pretty good at bluffing, "I'm going to have to ask you to return the magneton and show me some ID."

Thunderun bleated indifferently and pawed at the ground as the small drama of lie and bluff and unfolded. "pay attention," she said tugging at the beast's ear. Those ears perked for a moment. The pokemon , though moody and apathetic loved nothing more than to take its frustration on things that moved. Pay attention was one of the only verbal commands it followed if only because it usually marked the beginning of a battle. Kitty's gut was telling her this wasn't going to end easy or peacefully, though she tended to over react to threats. Being a grunt had taught her to prepare for the worst.
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Lance was again silent to his escort, the awkward feeling of 'I'm only here because I have to be,' heaped onto, 'We have crazy in common.'

'Mew?' Raikou seemed unsettled as though something had just occurred to the great beast. 'Where exactly is your body?'

"Where's yours?" Lance shot back. At the mention of bodies he was suddenly intrigued, too intrigued to remember that he sounded like he was talking to himself. He suddenly wanted to run tests and scans on Raikou, and Mew too if he got a chance. Definitely Mew. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, after all. He was working together with a legendary Pokemon. Wasn't it like a right or something that he got to do tests?

'No.'

Lance didn't respond to the great beast. Part of him was now determined to hunt Raikou down, drag him into a lab, and run various tests on him, and when Lance Brewer got determined, nothing stopped him.

'...Lance? I said no.'

Still he didn't respond, instead beginning to grow excited.

"Lance!'

"In the name of science!" Lance shot back with a grin, again forgetting that he was talking to himself.
Back to top Go down
RedRider333

RedRider333

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:51 pm

The pair were taking a quick rest. Charlie was leaning on her bike. It was getting harder and harder for Charlie to pretend she wasn't hearing the conversation. Particularly since, voice or no voice, Lance was quickly proving himself to be a lunatic.

My body? Oh, you know how you guys told me that my body is special? That I have the DNA of all Pokemon in me, and that this might be the key to curing rabies? Sciamentifically, I mean. Well, I thought, if my body's so special, why wouldn't I bring it with us?

Charlie cleared her throat and started to look away from Lance, but felt her head being pushed back as if by some invisible force. I'm not done talking. And stop squishing me up against your bike.

Charlie looked down, half-expecting to see a little pink cat sitting across her handlebars. Nothing.

"I'm not squishing you," she murmured, as if Lance couldn't hear her.

Yes you are. You know, it's awful warm in here too.

... "Mew, where exactly are you?"

Well, you know how humans don't lay eggs? I'm in that not-egg place.

... "Not-egg place?"

In the tummy. I saw it on TV once.

Charlie screamed like a little girl. She made noises that only Growlithes could hear. She cursed and kicked trees and jumped back on her bike and pedaled away.

"That's it. I'm seriously going insane."

No, your head looks alright to me.

"You're not just in my head! That's the problem!" Charlie's voice was a hysterical screech.

Oh, cheer up. I'm sure it'll be okay.

"Cheer up? Cheer up? Don't you dare tell me to cheer up. And get the fuck out of my body before I remove you with a wire coat hanger!"

But I need to go with you. It won't be so bad, I promise.

"It will be that bad. I'll end up in the tabloid papers. The freak with a Pokemon in her uterus. The Immaculate Conception of cross-species... Oh God, giving birth. Your head is going to break my hymen, and it will sting like a bitch."

What's a hymen? I swear, I'll be careful with it. You can trust me!

"You're stupid and juvenile and freakish and stupid, and I hate you!"

A pause. *sniffle sniffle* You don't really mean that, do you Charlie?

"I do."

Mew wailed. She wailed like a hungry, angry baby And then, for the first time in many hours, silence in Charlie's head.

"Mew?"

... "Mew?"

... "M - WHOA!"

In her hysteria, Charlie had failed to notice that she was approaching a bridge that crossed a stream. She missed the bridge and hit water, face-first. "Ow. This day can't get any worse. Mew, are you okay in there?"

Don't worry. *sniffle* My body is tough. I also shrunk it so that it would fit. ... Are you still mad at me?

"What kind of fucked-up question is that? Look, I don't know who you think I am, but I am certainly not your mommy or your savior or anything like that. So please, please, find someone else."

I can't. The deed has been done. I'm bonded to you, Charlie.

Slowly, Charlie stood and examined her bruises. She retrieved her bike, which still seemed to be in working order. "Then I am still mad at you. And that cute kid act isn't going to win me over."

What act?

Charlie dragged her bike to the river bank and sat on one of the warmer rocks. She took off her jacket and tried to wring the water out of it. "Forget it. Just shut up and leave me alone with my thoughts. Hah, as if I can be alone anymore."
Back to top Go down
Sabriel

Sabriel

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Lance jumped badly and scuttled a few feet backwards when Charlie suddenly went hysterical, and suddenly he forgot his tests and experiments, and he was huddling against a tree with one leg off the ground proectively and his head sheilded by his arms. Then she was on her bike and pedaling away. Lance looked after her in horror, still pressed against the tree.

'What are you doing!? Go after her!'

"Um, no."

'Go!'

"No, no, and no. That bitch is crazy, and it might be contagious."

She was still screaming; Lance could hear it, but not quite what she was saying.

'Lance, have some compassion! Mew is...inside of her body.'

"Yeah, I know, and I just wanna go home. And you don't have any compassion, so I don't see why I should, so shut up, get out of my head, and leave me alone."

Raikou sighed loudly and said nothing. For a moment, Lance thought he'd succeeded, but then he noticed himself wanting to mount his bike and go after Charlie to make sure she - and more importantly, Mew - were okay.

"NO! NO! YOU ARE NOT -..." But Raikou was winning. More and more badly he wanted to get on his bike and pedal off at full speed. "I'm warning you..."

'Full of empty threats, aren't you?'

"If it's a battle of wills you're going for, you have no idea who you're messing with. I'm the most stubborn jackass in all the regions when I want to be."

Again the voice in his head was silent, and then a thought-rattling roar exploded between his ears for several, long seconds.

"...Okay," he squeaked.

He hopped on the bike and pedaled after Charlie hard until he found her dripping wet on a rock by the stream. It was easy to figure out what had happened. He almost laughed at her misfortune, but Raikou's presence became so suffocatingly hostile at the impulse that he stifled it. Since Raikou had beaten down his first reaction though, he didn't know what to do, so he halted his bike, glanced at her, then stared at the river awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
GaleCross

GaleCross

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Shit. She hadn’t thought of that. Although she had worked with Sylph so she could make something up and it wouldn’t have to be entirely untrue, other than that she was placing her self into the details. And it would have to be good too, the one-eyed girl was preparing her bull for a charge. It was a good thing Ohma was out and ready. Beatrix had trained it just for occasions like this. There was no end to Rocket’s persistence and her pokemon needed to be ready to take them out on a moment’s notice.

“Ohma, be a good girl now. Set,” she said to it. The magneton stopped bouncing but it continued sending out its disruptive waves. The static along its magnets intensified, crackling. It was ready to for the shot if needed. Beatrix was relatively positive it could release a big enough shock to paralyze both the girl and the Tauros. Well, the Tauros might be iffy but it would certainly be dazed if nothing else.

The winds ran cool up her spin, sending a shiver through her limbs. Was Suicune not pleased? He didn’t have to worry about his body becoming the china shop. But she could still pull out a few more bluffs, just in case. She took a step forward, spreading her hands.

“Listen, I don’t actually know what the usual guys are doing. It’s not my job. If they came, or not, is irrelevant. What I was told to do was make rounds. Catching you off guard is the point. But that you don’t trust me is good. Means you’re doing your job. However, it also means my job will be a little tougher, you know?” She motioned to the vibrating magneton. The ID thing she wouldn’t be able to get around but so long as she could distract the girl then it wouldn’t matter. If worse came to worse she’d have to–

Suicune was directing her toward this girl. And wasn’t pleased about the tension. Did that mean this girl was important in her investigation? Or perhaps that she was also one being haunted by these insane beings. Beatrix crossed her arms and turned away from the girl. She chewed at her lower lip as she stared at the one-eyed guard.

“Actually, none of this matters. There’s something much more important we must momentarily divert our attention to, if you don’t mind holding off on your bull rush,” she said. Beatrix took a deep breath and slowly let it out. “Have you seen anything, well, exceptional lately? You know, something that shouldn’t be around, pokemon-wise?”
Back to top Go down
Junalukari
Modly Pokemon Master
Junalukari

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Kitty's Crew:

Still no ID. Kitty had had about enough of listening to her talk. She knew fast talking when she heard it and she wasn’t going to be distracted or have her fear of pokerabies taken advantage. She tapped Thunderun on the shoulder and change potion with the pokemon.

“Come on thunder, don’t go and ruin your sunny disposition over a magneton…” She pretended to chide. The bovine snorted and turned away, seeming uninterested in the pair. He bristled and snorted, the position of its head and a closed kept the light gathering there hidden.

Thunder was not the most cooperative of her crew and while not the best trained, what the tauros did know it did exceptionally. Kitty had a habit of teaching her pokemon commands in normal everyday words and hand signals. She had never been a fair fighter. The word sunny and the tapping on the shoulder was code for stealth charge of solar beam. It had been terrible difficult to teach, but had so far been worth it. The only other slightly stealthy thing she had taught it was a slap on the rump was a command for free for all with physical attacks. It new solarbeam as a verbal command as well, but other than that Kitty tended to shout ‘hit him again’ at the bovine till it won.

“You still haven’t shown me any ID,” she said. She had learned to lie from the best and she knew it when she heard it, not completely lies but…well bullshit detector was beeping hard. “But as far as unusual, not really, unless you consider my tuaros…he know’s SOLARBEAM!”

for a brief moment she pointed in perfect rocket style, that was until Thunderun reared and she threw her self to the ground. The tauros’s hooves hit the ground hard, it tossed its head, opened its mouth and unleashed the attack. Kitty threw here hands over her head and hoped that Thunderun had the good decency to aim for the trainer not the magneton, but Thunderun was old and had not run the gambit with during her team rocket days, so that hope was probably in vain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kanto Main Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanto Main Plot   Kanto Main Plot Empty

Back to top Go down

Kanto Main Plot
Page 1 of 1